General Information on Obtaining Visas of the Republic of Belarus
According to the Law of the Republic of Belarus “On Legal Status of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons in the Republic of Belarus” of January 4, 2010 a foreign citizen may enter the Republic of Belarus, leave the Republic of Belarus and transit through the territory of the Republic of Belarus with a foreign travel document [a foreign travel document means a valid passport or another similar document intended for foreign travel and issued by the appropriate authorities of the state of citizenship or residence of a foreigner or by an international organization] if there is a visa of the Republic of Belarus [vizas of other states are not recognized], unless otherwise stipulated by international treaties of the Republic of Belarus or by the decisions of the President of the Republic of Belarus.
Visa regulations of the Republic of Belarus, approved by the decree of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of July 15, 2010 No. 1065, established types of visas and issue procedures.
In Belarus, the following types of visas are provided:
- visa for entry into the Republic of Belarus (hereinafter — the entry visa);
- visa for exit from the Republic of Belarus (hereinafter — the exit visa);
- visa for exit from the Republic of Belarus and for entry into the Republic of Belarus (hereinafter — the exit-entry visa).
Diplomatic representations and consular institutions of the Republic of Belarus, as well as the Foreign Admissions Division of the Consular Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus at the «National Airport Minsk» are the issuing authorities for entry visas to the Republic of Belarus.
As visa applications are issued, a consular fee is charged, as set by the Special Part of the Tax Code of the Republic of Belarus of December 29, 2009.
To obtain an entry visa, a foreign citizen should submit the following documents to a visa issuing authority:
Important: Upon the arrival to Belarus, you need to register at the local citizenship and migration office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus within 5 business days.
In the Republic of Belarus, the following types of visas are provided:
- B – transit visa;
- C — short-term visa, valid for up to 90 days;
- D — long-term visa, valid for up to 1 year with the right to stay up to 90 days, unless otherwise stipulated by the international treaties of the Republic of Belarus.
Entry visas may be single-entry, double-entry and multiple-entry.
Single entry visa entitles to a single entry, stay and departure from the Republic of Belarus for the period specified in the visa and within a specified number of days of stay, but not more than 90 days.
Double entry visa entitles to a double entry, stay and departure from the Republic of Belarus for the period specified in the visa and within a specified number of days of stay, but not more than 90 days.
Multiple entry visa entitles to the numerous (more than 2 times) entries, stays and departures from the Republic of Belarus for the period specified in the visa and within a specified number of days of stay, but not more than 90 days per year, unless otherwise stipulated by the international treaties of the Republic of Belarus.
All visa applicants are to submit to the Embassy the following documents:
- The form must be filled in completely, no blank spaces should be left.
- Answers to the questions of the visa application form and attachment to it must be complete and logically consistent and indicate the real purpose of the trip.
- If a question does not apply, please type “N/A”.
- If the answer is no, write “none”.
- The visa application form is signed by the foreign citizen personally.
- The visa application form for a minor is signed by his or her legal representative.
- Please, fill in the form in block letters.
- Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicants unprossesed.
2. One photo
The photograph must meet certain requirements specified in the international standard ISO / IEC 19794-5:
- Size 35x45 mm.
- Full face, against an even light background.
- High resolution, no corrugation or ink allowed.
- 70 — 80 percent of the picture placed vertically.
- 6 months-older photos not accepted.
3. Pasport or a foreign travel document (and a copy):
Pasport or a foreign travel document, submitted by the foreign citizen, must:
- Contain a photograph of the owner. In case minors accompanying the foreigner are included into the entry visa, the foreign travel document should contain photographs of those persons;
- Have at least two blank pages intended for visas;
- The document shall be valid as long as at least 90 days after the expected date of departure of a foreign citizen from the Republic of Belarus.
A foreign travel document, submitted by the foreign citizen, must not:
- Be dubious in terms of authenticity or ownership
- Contain marks, entries, erasures and corrections that are not certified by the competent authorities of the respective foreign state. There must be no torn pages either.
4. Visa support documents, depending on visa type:
5. Medical insurance policy. Click for details.
6. Consular fee.
At the request of the consular officer additional documents required for issuance of an entry visa
PLEASE NOTE: VISA CAN NOT BE ISSUED ON THE DAY OF SUBMISSION
A consular officer makes a decision about granting an entry visa on the basis of the documents submitted, the results of an interview within 5 working days from the date of application (as a matter of urgency — within 2 working days), which is final.
A consular officer may reduce the number of entries granted by the visa and the validity of the visa.
Please note that visas cannot be changed, extended or transferred. If your travel plans changed after the visa has been issued you have to reapply for a new visa on the general grounds.
A consular officer is not obliged to indicate the reasons for visa denial. THE VISA DECISION CAN NOT BE APPEALED
In the event of visa denial the consular fee is not reimbursed.